The demand for us to take in goods is very high and we love it!
We do however have limited space and can only physically go through so much at once- PLEASE DO NOT BOOK APPT. UNTIL YOU HAVE FULLY READ THE FOLLOWING!
Please help us keep this train-a-moving by reading and following all of the important requirements below; we appreciate it so soo much!
We only accept drop-offs for Resale Trade by APPOINTMENT.
If you are looking to donate item vs trade please call ahead! 530-600-1848
*If you have any brown paper bags saved please consider bringing those in to us so we can recycle them and use them to bag our sales!
1. We will only go through 3 brown paper bags of clothing/soft goods per appointment.
*Please no stuffed trash bags*
Please go through your clothing items and discard visibly stained/worn items beforehand. Everything must be laundered and free of odor/animal hair. Read on for policies regarding other types of items.
2. We do buy in equipment and gear such as swings, bassinets, co-sleepers, bouncers, strollers. If you follow us on Facebook or Instagram @tahoekidstrdingco you can message us pictures so we can let you know if it is something we need before you put it in the car.
**We will not take in excessively dirty, recalled or old (6+ yrs.) products. Not sure if your gear is recalled? head to www.cpsc.gov to check. If you bring in old/broken/recalled equipment you will be responsible for picking it back up or paying a $5 disposal fee.**
3. We love gently used toys, puzzles and games! Please group toys in zip locks or recycled grocery bags so we know what goes together. Feel free to bag like-items for example cars, heroes, legos etc. If the item needs new batteries we can replace them for cost of batteries.
4. Your store credit is good for gently used items in the store. We have a lot of new items from popular brands that will need to be purchased separately. Store credit will eventually expire one year after it is entered on your account. Your store credit will be good to use on gently used items at both of our locations!
5. We do not go through your items on the spot but will text you as soon as it's done! We kindly ask for up to 10 days to go through your items, average is 4 days, it just depends on business volumes. You can choose to pick-up or for us to donate any items we do not need. If you choose to PICK-UP your items vs. selecting for us to DONATE them for you, you will need to pick-up these items timely. We try to donate to local families in need when possible, otherwise items are donated to the Reno chapter of the Friends of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. As of July 2021 Friends of MS Reno no longer takes donation of any hard goods including books, toys & equipment so it is important we are not left with large amounts of equipment especially we cannot donate. Please reach out (sending a pic on Facebook or IG is easiest) to us before you bring in large items.
**If we do not hear back from you we will have to eventually donate your items; we do try to hold on to them as long as we have space.**
More on Store Credit:
-The amount we offer for your items is a percentage based on what we think we can re-sell the item for.
-We are not a consignment store. We make your offer before the item sells. We inherently take on the risk of the item not selling or having to reduce prices over time.
-We base our retail price on popularity, brand, condition, season, quality and need.
Items re-sold at $2.50-$3.50 are paid .15c per item.
Items re-sold under $2.50 are grouped and are paid .15c per 3
Anything that retails in our store for $4.50 is bought in at a
General Price of .30c per item.
All $5.50+ is a percentage based on standards listed above
from 20% and upwards.
Large equipment & furniture or premium designer clothing
30- 50%. Older equipment 25-30%.
If we have to put batteries in an item to get it to work. The cost of the battery will be deducted at .30c each aa/aaa & $1 each for C/D batteries.
Reminder, we do not buy-in stained, excessively worn, faded or ripped clothing or toys, games or gear with missing pieces.
We do not take on items that need excessive cleaning. For example a stroller that has been kept outside and not been cleaned.
OK, you made it through! Thank you for reading and go ahead and click the "book now" button if you'd like to trade with us!